Cruise along Santa Barbara’s coastline and watch the sun set on the 70′ multi-level luxury yacht, Azure Seas.
Whale & Wildlife Cruise
- Adults First Class • Upper Deck Ages 12+ only • Exclusive access to roof deck! Go anywhere on the yacht and enjoy priority boarding & drink service!
- Adults • Main Deck Ages 12+
- Children • Main Deck Ages 11 and under
About our Whale Watching Cruise aboard Azure Seas
Grey whales make one of the longest migrations of any mammal on earth. Every year about 28,000 grey whales swim over 10,000 miles around Mexico’s nursery lagoons and feeding grounds in the Arctic. Glimpse into the mysterious world of these gentle giants as they travel close to the Santa Barbara Coast, where waters are shallower and safer from their leading predator, Orcas. It is a common sight to catch these incredible creatures breach, fluke, spy hop, flipper wave, and tail wave on our excursions!
Plus, the Channel Islands National Park waters are home to many diverse and beautiful cetaceans species (whales, dolphins, and porpoises). About 1/3 of the cetacean species found worldwide can be seen right here in our own backyard: the Santa Barbara Channel. So you might not JUST see grey whales, but an assortment of creatures alike!
Join us on our 70′ multi-level yacht, Azure Seas, as we disembark from our pier in Santa Barbara, Stearns Wharf, to see the abundant sea life off the coast of Santa Barbara and into the Channel. While it is the grey whale migration, we are still in the backyard of other amazing animals that could be seen on our trip, too, like graceful humpback whales, playful bottlenose dolphins, adorable sea lions, and more. Azure Seas has both upper and lower deck seating offering 360-degree views of the water with our Mediterranean like coastline, Santa Ynez mountains, and the Channel Islands as a beautiful background. However, if you prefer indoor seating, we have an incredibly comfortable indoor salon with booth seating and large windows to enjoy the views from. Not to mention a full bar where you can purchase the beverage of your choice, snacks, and more to further enjoy this experience unlike anything else!
Know Before You Go
We depart from 237 Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara, CA 93101. Stearns Wharf is the pier at the end of State St, the main street in Santa Barbara. We are 3/4 of the way down the pier on the left side across from Moby Dicks Restaurant. Look for the blue and white flag that reads ‘BOAT RIDES’.
Check-in time is 20 minutes before we depart. We leave promptly at published departure times.
Parking is available on Stearns Wharf but allow 30 to 45 minutes to find a parking spot. The valet lot next to the Harbor Restaurant is for all businesses on the wharf.
- For safety reasons due to the inherent motion of the boat, children under the age of 5 and expectant mothers, and people with atypical mobility should not be on this cruise
- For your comfort, you may want a jacket depending on the weather
- For the health and safety of everyone on board the Azure Seas is a non-smoking vessel, including E-cigarettes
- For your safety, high heeled shoes are not allowed
- No pets are permitted onboard